Hello hello hello! It’s Tuesday! And it’s June! When means we have a GA&AG feature! And today I snagged a birthday girl, as you see! Yes! Jill Sorenson is here and she asked for an ALBTALBS author interview. You know the deal.
1. What is one question you always wish as an author people would ask but nobody ever does?
I don’t know! My least favorite question is “Where do you get your ideas?” because it’s hard to explain.
2. What was the first book you remember reading as a kid? What was your favorite childhood book?
I remember reading the Laura Ingalls-Wilder series. Scott O’Dell’s Island of the Blue Dolphins was my favorite.
3. If you could switch places with someone for 72 hours, whose life would you want to live?
Another hard one! I don’t want to be anyone else. It would be like cheating.
4. What’s the most embarrassing thing to ever happen to you at school? How about at a conference or author/reader event?
I fell down a set of stairs at my community college. Conferences are just one embarrassing moment after another. I once asked a pair of sisters if they were mother & daughter. I also told Sherry Thomas I didn’t know what “Luddite” meant.
5. How do you feel about the dentist? What about clowns?
I hate going to the dentist because I feel trapped in the chair. Clowns don’t bother me.
6. What’s the best admonishment your mom ever gave you, or that you’ve ever given a kid? e.g. if you make that face it’ll freeze like that. or… if you walk from the kitchen to the table w/ a fork in your mouth you’ll stab yourself through the throat and die.
This isn’t an admonishment, but I remember my mom telling me that a man who hits a woman once will do it again.
7. What would you put in your ideal candy bar?
Dark chocolate and toffee.
8. What was your first job? Your most interesting one?
My first job was a feeding assistant at a nursing home when I was 14. I’ve had plenty of interesting jobs… veterinary assistant, sports park supervisor, English language development teacher.
9. What is your [secret] plan for world domination?
Write slow, share unpopular opinions, forget to do promo.
10. What are your five most prized possessions?
I really don’t own anything of great value. I treasure my laptop and I like my kindle.
11. Which would you prefer? Never having to tweeze/brow shape for the rest of your life, or not have to cut your fingernails, or toe nails?
I’d rather give up shaving my legs.
12. Imagine you had to take on a warrior from Deadliest Warrior. Who would you fight, and why?
Is there a dance-off warrior? I’ve got some mean dance moves.
13. What author promo has been the most effective for you? What do you think you’ll try next?
I’ll tell you this much: doing nothing is not effective. I might try creating a parody sock puppet account for J.S. Sockenson, Esquire. Anything that involves goofing off on twitter is my kind of promo. Vagina.
Annnd because it’s my birthday bash month. 😀
14. What is something awesome that has to do with the number 2, or 20s. Either something that happened to you in your 20s, a 20th book milestone, etc.
I have two daughters.
15. What’s the best birthday present you’ve ever received? What about the best birthday present you’ve ever given? How would your ideal birthday go?
I’m terrible with gifts! I once gave my husband a guitar book he really wanted that was out of print. My ideal birthday would include some kind of vacation. I’d rather go somewhere than get something.
I’ll give away two copies of Freefall.
So everyone, wish Jill a very happy birthday. She also loves the word “vagina” so my challenge is to involve that somehow. Like, “Jill, I hope you have the most vagical birthday ever!” 😉 And also, feel free to ask her any question. The crazier the better. Let’s get her to spill some secrets. 😀
Remember! There are two copies of this book up for grabs! You definitely want your hands on it – there’s been a lot of positive buzz.
Happy Escape from a Vagina day!!!! Hope it was a great day!!
Escape from a Vagina! LOL
Happy Birthday and Vaginal Day! Hope your vagina doesn’t itch today.
Aw, thanks for the well vagina wishes.
Happy birthday!! My grandson learned rhyming words in pre-K this year, so he goes around rhyming EVERYTHING! So we have been making poems with rhyming words. So …
I drink wine from a glass,
and dine on fine china.
I eat sitting on the grass,
Because it tickles my vagina.
Okay, I never said we made GOOD poems. But I really want to win a copy of this book!!!
So funny! This kid is talking about drinking wine and tickling vaginas already!
Happy birthday, Jill!!!! Hope you have a vagmazing one!
Happy Birthday, Jill! May your vagina be fabulous all day long. Many wishes for a year of splendiferous vajazzlement. :-p
Stay Vagical, Jill! (You totally knew that was coming, didn’t you? Of course you did!)
Happy Birthday Jill – I hope you had a super vaginical day! I love a good suspense story so these look like my kind of read.
Happy Birthday, Jill. May you have the most vagical day and enjoy your cake and presents.
Happy Birthday and may all your wishes of the vaginal kind come true!!
Happy birthda tou, makeit a vangsstic day, whoo
Happy birthday! What kind of cake would you want?
bn100candg at hotmail dot com
Thanks for all the birthday wishes and the great new vagina words, everyone! My vagina cup runneth over.
Vagina? Really, Jill? Well, I guess it IS a very vital part of life and our anatomies 😉 Hope your birthday was magical, regardless of whether or not it was full of vaginas 🙂 Thanks for awfully fun interview!
Pingback: Some Fun + Some Winners | A Little Bit Tart, A Little Bit Sweet