Or doesn’t work, perhaps. I meant for this to be a very formal post, all well thought and things listed out, all the good stuff.
But first of all, that’s not really me these days. Secondly, I haven’t managed to do that. Or lose my eye twitch (which has got to be from stress), so one thing at a time.
First of all, if I ever forget to post winners, remind me! I always have the best of intentions. In fact, keep your eyes on this space, because I expect I’ll be updating this post to list the September winners. (That’s where we’re at, right?)
Here are the key points:
- I will not email winners
- If you email me, I may not respond. I try to, but things happen. This is especially true for someone who is “cold calling.”
- Review requests I forward to the review crew. If there is any interest, I follow up. If not, you likely won’t hear anything.
- I feel free to ignore any email from someone I don’t know that doesn’t address me as “Limecello.” Unless we’re actually friends, “Hi there” + [I want something from you] doesn’t fly with me. I know. It’s a quirk. Such is ALBTALBS.
- I play fast and loose with time. I might pretend one day is another one, and weekends are more fluid.
That’s part of my charm.
- All my best intentions might be for naught. E.g. Posts. I had one scheduled for today. The person never sent it to me despite numerous reminders. That’s how it goes.
Of course, there are exceptions. Sometimes I’m wracked with guilt and email winners. Especially when it’s been a while. I obviously will reply to “Lime” or some variation of that – the point is, I don’t like it when people refuse to call me Limecello. And can’t understand what such a person would want to do with ALBTALBS anyway.
So what’s new with all of you? Are any of you interested in reviewing? I’m looking for people who can write thoughtful reviews that aren’t book reports or plot summaries.