Hi friends! So, this is supposed to be the start of my “Men Who Read Romance” feature! Fun times! I figure, it’s good to start with an introduction. Also, as usual, the best laid plans are for naught, and this is no exception.
So I wanted to ask you – what would you want to know from a dude who reads romances?
Obviously it’ll be a monthly thing where I
lure an unsuspecting maleask a guy who reads romances some questions. It’s just another counterpart to my Reader Posts (where I feature a reader monthly) and learning more about the diverse group of people who enjoy this genre.
Here is what I’m thinking so far.
1. What’s the first romance that you ever read?
2. How did you get started reading romance?
3. Who is your favorite author and what is your favorite romance novel?
4. What would you like to see more of in romances?
5. What is something you hate (or dislike strongly) in romances?
6. Do you browse the romance section at bookstores? If you saw another guy there, would you offer recommendations, or ask for any?
7. How involved are you in the romance community?
I’m playing with the last one. And I’m thinking nine questions (at least?) is good…
What do you think?
Incidentally, RM was supposed to have another guest spot, but I don’t think that’s going to asked him. I emailed him to ask him what was up and he said “FUCKED.” So, you know.
Maybe I should have used that as a post. Just
“Presenting: The Romance Man”
In his own words: Fucked. And left it at that.
Anyway, if you know any guys who read romances, please send them my way. I’d love to chat with them. I even have a contact form. And thanks for people who already have – please do let them know I’m having major internet problems though. I’m about to stab something. Myself even. Ugh. As always, “my posts” have tags indicative of current place in life. Enjoy.