Hi everyone! Today we have the famous Carly Phillips guesting with us! Now, you know normally I don’t do author interviews except for my Guest Author & A Giveaway feature that happens the first Tuesday of each month. But Carly asked for one, and well, at the point where a super star author makes such a request, who am I to refuse? 😉 She’s also here because she had a new book out this past Tuesday, Serendipity! It’s the first in her new Serendipity series – the second book is Destiny, and the third, Karma.
1. What language do you most wish you could speak, but can’t? Why? How many languages do you speak fluently now?
I love this kind of Q and A 🙂 I can speak one language fluently – English – and as I get older I even question my fluency on that!!! I wish I could speak French fluently as I learned it in school but could only stutter through.
2. Would you rather have a broken finger, broken toe, or broken nose? Why?
Broken Toe – I’m vain – save my face; I write for sanity – save my finger!
3. What is your favorite type of food? Your favorite meal? Would you rather host a dinner party at home, or take people out for dinner at a restaurant? Where would you go, if the latter?
Favorite foods – Pizza and Chocolate Translation – carbs and sweets.
Favorite meal – chicken parm made by my mom!
I’d much rather take people out for dinner at a restaurant – I can’t cook, have no desire to cook, hate to entertain, because I hate stress. That equals stress. I love taking friends out for dinner. My pleasure! Any restaurant where it’s on the quieter side and we can talk.
4. If you had to choose between electricity and running water, which would you go with? Why?
Electricity – I hate being too hot or too cold.
5. Imagine you’re forced to travel to your past. Which grade – any level of school/education – would you like to re-live?
NONE but since you are making me choose – sophomore year of college!!! Fun, fun, fun. (Ok, now I have to ask – why that one in particular? C’mon, Carly… spill! :P)
6. How many US Supreme Court Justices can you name without looking them up?
You’re asking an ex-lawyer to humiliate herself. Here goes and I’m betting some are off the bench or dead <g> -Ginsberg, Thomas, Stevens (retired?), … hubby said to cheat for more. <g> I didn’t. I looked it up – Stevens IS gone and I blanked on the rest. I got two. 🙁
7. What is the most exotic place you’ve ever been to? Where is the most exotic place you’ve never been to but would like to visit?
I’ve been to Greece.
I’d love to go to Israel.
8. If you could be any character in any movie or television series, who would you be? Why?
Easy – Sydney Bristow – Alias – because she’s gorgeous, can kick @$, is intelligent and married Vaughn (Michael Vartan). 🙂
And isn’t Carly cute? She said, “Thanks for so much fun! LOL.” Carly is giving away a backlist book of the winner’s choice to one lucky commenter! Sadly, open to US residents only, due to shipping and hassle.
Anyway, I think we should continue the fun. I’m sure the interview with Larissa Ione earlier this week got the wheels turning for creative questions. So – what do you want to ask Carly? The sky’s the limit!