Erm, so you know this was supposed to go live last week. And Leslie Dicken’s excerpt was supposed to go up today. That… obviously didn’t happen – so my apologies to you all, and to Nikki Duncan especially, who was very understanding and kind. Although I should say I did this on purpose, right? Because a “being thankful” post is much for fitting for this week. 😉 So yes. It was all part of my master plan. >.>
It’s not my “common practice” to include author photos, but, you have to agree that Nikki is ridiculously adorable there, right? Love it! So without further ado, the post!
It’s about that time of year. You know, where we gather around a table with family and friends and talk about the things we’re thankful for. Our Thanksgiving is going to be a little different this year, so I thought I’d share my top ten thanks here.
1. I get to write, which I love, and be published.
2. For a publisher and editor I love.
3. For rockin’ awesome covers. The latest of which are Tangled in Tulle and Illicit Intuitions.
4. For family who distracts me from work just enough to keep me from staying buried all the time.
5. For Martial Arts coaches who take it easy on me when kicking my butt. See videos here.
6. For a hubby who supports my writing as well as my Big Red habits (it’s a soft drink).
7. For the conferences I attend and the friends I make at them.
8. For every day my computer decides to NOT crash. Those days are not fun.
9. Even for smartass kids who think they’re funny and seem intent on sending me into cardiac arrest with their bizarre deformities that require stressful doctor visits and apparently painful surgeries and then there are the death defying stunts performed while driving down the road.
10. For the fact everyone is healthy and happy and mostly sane.
Tell me what you’re thankful for and be entered into a drawing for an eARC of Tangled in Tulle. The winner will be chosen at Random and announced Wednesday the 16th to make sure everyone has a chance to play.
You can read more about Nikki and her books at www.NikkiDuncan.com.
Isn’t that a great cover, and an adorable title too? As for the winner I’ll also put the name in a new post as well, but you know it’s always good to check back at the blog. ;D I’m going to have to think about my “10 Thankful Fors…”
Great post! Can’t wait to check out your website.
I’m very thankful for my family, here at home and across the country. For the friends I’ve made since we moved to the east coast. For my husband’s job that lets me stay home with my kids and also write. And for the people in my life that have faith in me no matter what.
Happy Thanksgiving to Nikki & Lime and all the other posters on the blog! 🙂
That’s an awesome list, Liz! A lot of things to be thankful for for sure.
I am thankful for my family. My children live fairly close, so my grandkids are just a few hours drive away. This is a great season to remember your family and friends.
I love having my family close. I’m constantly reminded of how lucky I am to have them here.
I’m thankful for:
My new granddaughter!
Excellent list, Laurie. I hope you get to spend time with your family and new granddaughter this season.
I am so very thankful for my beloved hubby, our family and friends, our 3 dogs, and the fact that all of us are healthy and happy.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
I have to say I’m thankful I only have 1 dog now. He’s got long hair and grooming him is like grooming 3 dogs – especially when he fights it. 🙂
I’m thankful for:
my ability to travel
my enjoyment of reading
the authors I facebook with, correspond with through newsletters and posts
the ability to help those less fortunate
the independence and well being of my son in college 17 hours away from home
my cat – Fluffy
That’s an awesome list! I especially love the reading line. and the cat Fluffy. Love my kitties.
Thanks Nikki! Tried to come up with 10 things I am thankful for.
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
I too am thankful for all the wonderful authors and friends I see at conferences (and authors who become friends!) ALso for my daughter and my family, for my new job with a MUCH better boss, and for my health.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! 🙂
LOL, Susan I hear a lot of thanks in that MUCH up there. A great boss can make all the difference.
Love Nikki Duncan! I became a fan when I won one of her books and now look forward to each one she writes.
I’m thankful for family and friends. I’m also thankful for my cyber friends I’ve found via blogs. And, I am especially thankful for authors who write their hearts out so I can enjoy their written words! I’m also thankful my computer problems got resolved!!!
Aww, thank you. It’s comments like that that drive me back to the keyboard when I find myself being distracted. 🙂
And the cyber friends you guys keep mentioning… I adore them.
I am thankful for everyday in every way! Love the picture of Nikki! I do believe I recognize the snow from RAW. That was a super fun weekend!
That is indeed the snow from RAW. I love snow in small doses and that dose was simply perfect for me.
I hope you all had a great day today with family and friends. And Limecello, I love your master plan. 🙂
Hi Nikki! I’m actually reading your book THE BACK-UP FIANCE right now! So its good to visit you here! Your pic is beautiful!
I love remembering at this time of the year all I’m thankful for.
1. A hubby that is so good to me, so good a friend.
2. My two children who are great YA now.
3. The authors and readers who are a second family to me. They share with me all the joys of what they read and I get to find more to read! Can’t go a day without it!
4. Just so many people and all that I just wanted to mention that so I know I often forget to tell them thanks as well as say Hi enough!
I’m thankful for:
my family, not just my husband & 2 daughters, but extended family as well.
my friends, new & old
my animals, very grateful that our dog & cat get along.
my husband’s job, very thankful that even though things can get tight, his pay allows me to be a stay-at-home mom.
my health & my family’s health.
everyday that I have w/ family & friends.
books & authors, & of course chocolate!
Pingback: Winners Out the Wazoo « Limecello