Hello beautiful people! So you know I adore birthdays, so I always love having people come and celebrate their special day with us! Today we have Kimberley who is a member of the romance community. She’s a first time guest at ALBTALBS too! So extra fun and cause for celebration!
So without further ado, let’s welcome Kimberley!!
I love birthdays! Even my own, though I’m starting to avoid thinking about the number it represents.
As a December baby, my birthday has always gotten lost in the shuffle of holidays, school breaks, mid-term exams, fiscal year-ends, and all the other calendar distractions that occur in December. Even more unfortunately, my birthday is one of three – count ‘em, three – immediate family birthdays that land in a 15-day window in December (my sister was apparently my sixth birthday present; for the record, I wanted a train set). It’s hard to have my sad little birthday stand out in all the insanity, so what to do?
I make birthday resolutions.
This is primarily because I find that New Year’s resolutions evoke so much angst: the self-imposed quit/start/find/lose hell inevitably leads to months of guilt that I just don’t want. So long ago, I resolved not to make New Year’s resolutions.
But I need goals for the year. Who doesn’t? And since I don’t want stress on my birthday, my resolutions go like this:
- READ MOAR BOOKS. Never mind that Goodreads tells me that as of today, I’ve read 682 romance books this year. THERE IS ALWAYS ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT.
- a) Find a really, really good maple fudge recipe. b) Make the fudge. c) Eat the fudge. Repeat B and C as frequently as possible.
- Introduce the new nephews – cutest and cleverest 5-month-olds ever! – to The Lorax. Or at least to Pat The Bunny.
- Get the bloody bathroom fan fixed so the steam stops setting off the smoke detector, FFS.
- Find books from new-to-me authors. The ones I already love just can’t write fast enough, or so they claim.
- Eat all the cookies. Except the ones with raisins. You can have those ones, cos BLERF.
- Learn to design and diagram crochet cables.
- Go to Spain (timing flexible on this one).
- Stop hogging the butter tarts. It’s nice manners to share, apparently.
- Learn that lists should end before #10. Who wants all that pressure?
Thank you to Limecello for making my birthday stand out this year!
Happy birthday, Kimberley!!! Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to play with us. Fantastic list. I might have to steal some of those. 😀 I hope you had a lovely and wonderful day! Everyone – remember to wish Kimberley the best birthday ever!