Jo’s review of The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare
Historical romance released by Avon on August 22, 2017
When girl meets Duke, their marriage breaks all the rules…
Since his return from war, the Duke of Ashbury’s to-do list has been short and anything but sweet: brooding, glowering, menacing London ne’er-do-wells by night. Now there’s a new item on the list. He needs an heir—which means he needs a wife. When Emma Gladstone, a vicar’s daughter turned seamstress, appears in his library wearing a wedding gown, he decides on the spot that she’ll do.
His terms are simple:
- – They will be husband and wife by night only.
- – No lights, no kissing.
- – No questions about his battle scars.
– Last, and most importantly… Once she’s pregnant with his heir, they need never share a bed again.
But Emma is no pushover. She has a few rules of her own:
- – They will have dinner together every evening.
- – With conversation.
- – And unlimited teasing.
– Last, and most importantly… Once she’s seen the man beneath the scars, he can’t stop her from falling in love…
When Lime offered me the chance to get my greedy little hands on The Duchess Deal early, I was all over it (my eyes might have even misted over). So first and foremost, thank you Lime 😀
We have two characters that couldn’t be more wrong for each other turning out to be exactly what each needs in a partner. Ash is scarred, jaded, self absorbed, and frankly a bit depressed; he knows his duty and is ready to fulfill it. Emma is used to hard work and grasping for every opportunity that comes her way while never losing her positive outlook and caring nature. They fit beautifully. Continue reading